This week's SMS recipe is extra special because it was picked by Melissa herself. You can see her post and the recipe at the SMS blog here.

I have to say, I've been quite busy lately, thanks to the start of summer classes. In fact, I have a midterm tomorrow and yet I procrastinated by baking today *hangs head in shame*. What can I say... I am just the queen of last minute cramming.

I have to say though, that this recipe couldn't have come on a better week (perhaps finals week, but that's besides the point). I whipped up the cookie batter in less than 30 minutes and baking was a breeze. I was too lazy to use my real oven (because when it's not doing it's real job baking, it's acting as storage for my pots and pans, which I have to drag out each time I'm baking) so I used the small toaster oven. Which is also why my cookies are not round but square since they spread in all kinds of directions. But it gives them character and a homemade quality, don't you think? :)


I also did not use toasted almonds as suggested, but added white chocolate, which gave it some sweetness since I used unsweetened chocolate instead of semisweet chocolate. Using unsweetened chocolate gave the cookies a heavenly smell of chocolate without the super sweetness of chocolate chips.

Comments (6)

On June 14, 2009 at 9:03 PM , k.a.r.e.n said...

They do look good!

I NEVER thought of baking cookies in a toaster oven!

 
On June 15, 2009 at 1:57 AM , margot said...

I like the square cookies! How cool that they turn out so nice in a toaster oven. Good luck with your midterm!

 
On June 15, 2009 at 11:22 AM , spike. said...

White chocolate sounds like a good addition. love the square cookies!

 
On June 15, 2009 at 6:47 PM , Lulu the Baker said...

I bet they were delicious with your combination of chocolates!

 
On June 16, 2009 at 12:17 AM , Unknown said...

Wow, I've never baked cookies in a toaster oven! Neat idea - they look very cool!

 
On June 17, 2009 at 7:26 AM , Anonymous said...

Hi Annie!

Your post made me laugh about crazily spreading cookies baked in a toaster oven. I agree, it does give them that lovely homey feel! Best of luck with your midterms- don't worry, you'll do great! Hope to talk to you again after next weekend's SMS recipe!

-Joy